When it’s time to clean your home, it is important to have the right tools to successfully complete the process with. Not only will the essential cleaning supplies do the job right but will not harm the object that you are cleaning. In addition, the proper supplies will assist in getting the job done at a faster pace and save you money.
Before purchasing any supplies, it is important to read the label first.
Not only will the label give you a description of what it will do, but will also advise what the product can be used on as well as the ingredients and any precautions that the end user should take. Keep in mind that “all purpose” doesn’t mean it that it will get every job done. If ammonia is a key ingredient in a particular product, it should not be used on laminate or plastic surfaces. For general cleaning, strong cleaners are overqualified and a basic soap and water mixture will be sufficient.
Essential cleaning supplies help get the necessary tasks completed in no time
Regardless if the intended cleaning jobs are for spring cleaning or everyday cleaning, having the essential cleaning supplies on hand will help get the necessary tasks completed in no time. Determine exactly what type of cleaning you will be doing and then gather together everything you need. Don’t forget to wear comfortable clothes and gloves too.
What is the most common of the essential cleaning supplies?
The answer would probably be clean rags. Rags can be used dry, damp or wet and can dust, wipe baseboards or clean fixtures. Rags are made from old t-shirts or socks and are washable and reusable. When dusting with a rag, start at the ceiling and begin grabbing all of the cobwebs from corners; then move to the light fixtures and the ceiling fan, and then continue on working your way down towards the floor. Turn and shake out the rag every so often, and if it gets too dirty, it won’t pick up any dust, so toss it into the laundry and grab a new rag. Rags also work great to apply furniture polish or for a quick wipe down of doors and walls.
Anti-bacterial sprays and products do a good essential cleaning supplies
Anti-bacterial sprays and products specifically designed to do a certain job are also good essential cleaning supplies to have on hand. However, just because these products are on the market doesn’t mean that you should use them; especially if you already have products that get the job done. Although, a product to remove mildew and soap scum would be a specific product to have on hand.
The floor should always be the last to be cleaned
The floor should first be swept or vacuumed and then mopped. A mop and bucket, a new quick mop or if the floor area is small then wipe down with a rag and soapy water will also do the trick.
Keep your essential cleaning supplies in one area
Keep your essential cleaning supplies in one area and preferably out of reach from small children and pets. A small carrier or bucket can hold the items as well as make it convenient to carry them from room to room. Keep your supplies to a minimum as this will make choosing the right supply easier and quicker which will get the job done sooner so you can go do what you really want to do.
Guide in the preparing the cleaning supplies for immediate and future uses.
1. All-purpose cleaner – The all-purpose cleaner can clean almost anything: from dirt to stains, from juice to dairy liquids, from spills to condiments, it is truly a trusty cleaner.
2. Baking soda – One of the essential cleaning supplies is the baking soda. A safe powder for scrubbing purposes as it helps remove stain and dirt while removing any foul stenches.
3. Dishwashing Liquid – Most dishwashing liquids are very cheap and can be used for a long time. While it can be purchased at a low price, its usage is not only restricted to dishes but also to windows and certain types of glass.
4. Disinfecting Wipes – The perfect bacteria exterminator through wiping and has the ability to clean any surface or counter in an instant.
5. Dry-cleaning sponge – Can pick up dust, fine dirt and hairs.
6. Hand broom with dustpan – This nifty tool will save you a lot of time in sweeping the floor. Preferably, get a bigger dustpan rather than the mini-sized one because you don’t have to keep going to the trash can to empty out your hand broom with a big one.
7. Microfiber cloths – These cloths that can be washed easily either through hand wash or machine wash can handle almost any task, even if partnered with only water. This is a handy type of cloth since other cloths tend to become ineffective when it comes to cleaning.
8. Microfiber duster – One of the essential cleaning supplies is the duster. With this duster, dust and pet-hair are no longer a problem. With simple effortless strokes, you can say goodbye to them.
9. Mild Abrasive Cleaner – Used effectively on stains on the tub, tiles and ceilings. Using this will not only remove them but will leave an odour that says the area is germ-free.
10. Mop and Bucket – Very important, especially if there are leaks in water pipes, roof and/or water entering your house on heavy rains.
11. Rubber Gloves – These are used to protect your skin from harmful chemicals because most solutions with strong chemicals tend to irritate or damage your skin if contact occurs.
12. Scrub brush – Brushes are a must when you clean because it scrubs away dirt and stains in a quick fashion.
13. Spray bottle – When using solution, especially strong ones, spray bottles are needed. This is to avoid direct contact of strong chemicals to your skin making this one of the top essential cleaning supplies.
14. Toothbrush – This handy mini-brush gets into little places or small spaces in which scrub brushes can’t.
All these essential cleaning supplies are important in order to face any type of cleaning job in your house. By buying all these through a checklist the next stop you visit the store, you are equipping yourself for the present and the future.